Need a quick and easy holiday gift? This DIY Snowman is made from a plain white sock. Look around your house for the materials for this snowman project. A spare sock or mismatch sock never looked so cute.
You’ll be able to customize and personalize this snowman sock to match the personality of the person you’re making it for. it’s so much fun and each one you make will be unique.
Let’s get crafting to make a personalized gift for your someone special.
In this video tutorial, you will learn:
- How to make the snowman sock
- Suggestion for different materials for the eyes, nose and embellishment
- How to upload design and prepare to cut in Silhouette Studio with .dxf file
- How to upload design and prepare to cut in Cricut Design Space with .svg file
- How to weed design and apply vinyl with heat press
- Different options to decorate the snowman
Materials for the Snowman:
- Men’s Crew Sock (White), colorful ankle socks
- Eyes: wiggle eyes, black faceted flat backs, or black domed flat backs
- Nose: pom poms
- Scarf: ribbon, t-shirt, fabric
- Embellishments: buttons, decorative holly, snowflakes, poinsettia
- Digital cut design – .svg or .dxf file
Equipment to Cut and Press Vinyl:
- Cutting machine (for example: Silhouette Cameo 3, Cricut Maker, Brother ScanNCut)
- Heat Press or Iron
- Heat transfer vinyl (HTV) options
Cute DIY Snowman Sock wih Vinyl Design Video Tutorial
Here are other options to consider when decorating your snowman socks. These two snowman, I used decorative socks to cover the body and give the snowman a sweater look. The hats are made from the second half of the white sock. And added rhinestone monogram for the scarf.
For these three snowman, you can see different vinyl designs to add a personalize touch to the snowman’s personality as to match the person you are making the snowman for. The first snowman is for a coffee lover and I added a rhinestone monogram. The second one has a design for a biker. It says “Born to Ride, Forced to Work” and to match, I added a motorcycle charm as the embellishment for the hat. The third snowman, is for a beach lover as “Live is better at the beach” design.
Decorating these snowmen are limitless. Hope this tutorial will inspire you to make this cute little snowman for a loved one this holiday season. Thanks for stopping by.